- Properly storing electronics can save you a lot of money in the long run. No matter how long you are storing your electronics you want to ensure their safety and quality. The first step would be to acquire the perfect storage unit for all of your storage needs at North Main Storage in Ripon, Ca. We can help you in protecting the items you love. Follow the steps below to ensure your electronics in pristine condition.
- Many electronics such as computers, printers, and televisions, come with owner’s manuals or are tied to a website for instruction on use. These instructions can also recommend how to properly pack and store that specific item. Don’t forget to remove any CDs or DVDs from your electronics before unplugging. Moving these items while they are still in the DVD or CD player will cause damage to the CD or DVD and even the console itself.
- Most electronics come with a variety of cords and tricky connections. Take a picture of the connections and how they are supposed to be set up before you disassemble and pack up. This way you can save the hassle of trying to remember how exactly you got your electronics to work last time. Bundle all coordinating wires together and label them. Any small connections or parts can be stored together in plastic bag and then placed in the box with the rest of the accessories.
- If possible store the item in the box it originally came in. These boxes and packing supplies are made to specifically fit that particular electronic. If you had already tossed the box, you can always purchase the necessary packing supplies. Remember to purchase anti-static foam to place over the top of computer and TV screens. A filler must also be used inside of the box to make sure your electronics don’t move around in transit. Sealing the box tightly and accurately will help protect the item from any outside damage.
- Label your boxes and be as specific as possible. List all electronics and parts stored within that particular box. This will save you time when you go back to your storage unit to retrieve one specific item.
- Place your packed electronics in the back of your storage unit and preferably off of the floor. By purchases shelving or elevating the boxes on pallets or tarps can help protect your items from possible damage.
- Packing your electronics correctly can save you a lot of time and hassle in the future. We at North Main Storage in Ripon, Ca pride ourselves on keeping your valuables safe. Please call us today for more information regarding our storage units and how we can help you in all of your storage needs.